Let's check in with our favorite pretties:
- Spencer finally got out of Radley, decided to brush her hair, put on all of her preppy clothes, and starting being herself again. It's about damn time! Why is she suddenly "all better now," you ask? Oh, just because Toby's still alive and actually good and was trying to protect her the whole time. No biggy.
- Pause. WAIT WHAT????? That's right, folks, Toby is officially back, 8-pack and all! This was Spencer's reaction to him telling her he was only trying to protect her:
- And this was mine:
- Dying, crying, you get the picture.
- But anyways, now that team Spoby is reunited and back doing their usual detective work (after a longgg reunion in a hotel room of course- seriously I am surprised this is allowed on ABC Family but I was too happy to care). They trick Mona into thinking that Spencer is with them and that they lured the girls to her family's second (third?) home to make them pay, all in the hopes of finally de-hooding red coat. But more on that in a bit. Let's turn to sadder couple news:
- Ezria is no more, sadly. I have always been sort of meh about these two, but it was sad seeing them break up. Realistic? yes. But still sad. Ezra is teaching at Rosewood High again, and they finally faced the music and realized they are in two completely different places in their lives. Their scene at the window completely mirrored that of the pilot and I thought it was all very well done.
- Hanna also had scenes with Ezra this week, trying to get a job babysitting his kid just so she could try and find out who kidnapped him. Malcolm tells her it was actually Spencer that took him to the carnival, which makes Hanna and the other girls freak for a bit. However, these girls always have a plan, and they tricked Spencer into proving that she was innocent. Makes sense, no? (I dunno.)
- Emily had a swim meet this episode (Go Sharks!) And conveniently, Shana (girl from costume shop) is also a swimmer and is in Rosewood for the meet. We learned a lot about Shana tonight, such as she is secretly dating Jenna, who may or may not be going blind again, and the two of them are working with Melissa to bring down the girls. But none of them are A, so are they some other rebel group against A and the girls? Are they going to call themselves B? My head hurts.
Anyways, the girls go to Spencer's third home and confront Mona while Team Spoby is outside trying to glimpse Red Coat. Meanwhile, the B group (I think), goes up to the house, locks the girls in and sets the whole damn place on fire. Because, why not? The girls and Mona try to bust out, but Alison ends up saving them. Yes, you read that correctly, Alison is Red Coat! The arson survivors weren't the only ones who saw her, either. Spencer did as well. Oh, and Toby got framed with the lighter. Crep.
Now they did a similar storyline in the books to this, and its great. I will not spoil it for people here; but I hope they follow a similar path.
So the girls discuss Ali being alive and, on their way back into town, find the cop car that someone (Red Coat, the B team) magically lifted from the lake. They go, get a text from A (Mona is apparently one of them now too and is getting A texts), and then open the back of the trunk. This happens: (sorry best image I could find)
Cut to black. Of course.
So that's it for last night. Can't wait for June!
Here's some of the top tweets:
- @andyswift: Am I crAzy, or was "A" just InstagrAmming?
- @jennhamel13: Emily's face and Spencer's face in the bathroom when they were talking about Toby did things to my heart I didn't think were possible.
- @spobyismylife: Spencer cried, Toby cried, I cried...
- @KellyCddLovatic: So basicly Mona,Toby, and Spencer were the fake A team, who thought they were the real A team... Wow